Saturday, June 20, 2009

Meeting Grandma Linda for Lunch and Spending Time At The Lake!!

Today we finally reached Minnesota but on our way up to my brothers RV park we decided at the last minute to take a detour and head over to Alexandria to have lunch with my mom. We met her at work, ran through Burger King, then headed off to the park for a nice lunch. This gave Addy some time to stretch her legs and for all of us to enjoy some nice weather. Here is a picture of Grandma Linda with Addy. The business that my mom works for sells these crazy and huge swing sets. How AWESOME my mom is at being a sells person. I'm actually surprised we didn't leave with one attached to our roof. Could you imagine a van filled with 6 people, things falling out of the doors, a cargo box on the roof, plus a swing set all driving down I-90...People would of pointed and laughed out loud!!


I think one of the biggest highlights of our trip was on our way to see my brother, Shawn. We drove through a small town called Parker's Prairie. When we were driving through all I saw was Kristi's head zip back like she just saw the most amazing thing in the world. It zipped back so fast I thought she was going to need a neck brace because of the whiplash. When she turn back to look at me all I could see was drool coming out of her mouth. "What?" I asked. "That place back there has 24 flavors of soft serve ice cream....24 FLAVORS!" I knew right then and there that I had to turn around and head back. Again, we of course didn't take any pictures but I had strawberry, Kristi had banana, and Karen had Maple Nut. It was AWESOME so the next time your going through Parker's Prairie, MN make sure and stop and get a soft serve ice cream cone. I mean seriously with 24 flavors you should be able to find one that you like.

The next day Angie and the girls drove up to meet us at the RV park this is where Addy had a chance to catch up with some cousins. Here is Addy with Shelby and Reagan hanging out!!

My brother has an RV lot at this park in Perham, MN. At the park they have these duplex's that you can rent, right next to the water. I'm not going to lie, it did smell a little fishy but it was nice because they were pretty big and we needed the room. I'm so glad Kristi and her mom talked me into renting it because there is no way we would of made it through the weekend in an RV.

My dad, my step-mom (Cele), my brother (Josh), his wife (Laura), and their son (Oliver) met up and spent the weekend. Here's Oliver enjoying the day. I love his shirt....If you can't read it. It says, "I'd rather be NAKED!"

Shelby holding Owen

Before my dad and my brother got to the cabin Shawn took us out fishing. Of course Kristi is the only one that really caught anything. Here's her 21 inch Walleye that she snagged out of the water. We couldn't keep it because at this particular lake you can't keep any Walleye between 19 & 26 inches due to reproduction reasons I guess....All I know is that law is RIDICULES! I'm not huge into fishing but I have to admit it was a beautiful morning to be out on the lake.

Shelby, Addy, and Reagan walking up the street from the lake.

My brother Kurt and my brother Eric, along with Eric's son, Brady and daughter, Paige came up the following day to spend some time with the group. I'm not sure if we got any pictures of that or not. If I did I will post them later because I know I got some of Dad, Cele, and the kids plus I believe I have pictures of Kristi eating SUNFISH that's right SUNFISH!!

1 comment:

Tim said...

That's my girl.. KP... Outfishing Shawn as usual... that's not hard to do though.