Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

When the 4th rolled around we were prepared.

Gas in the Grill = check / Kabobs = check / corn on the cob = check / nice weather = check /
eating outside = check

So where did we go wrong? We had everything! I guess if I had to pick one I would pick the choice to eat outside. Why am I asking because as soon as we got everything moved, put on the table, and started to sit down to eat the twins decided it was time to cry. It was like they talked it over and planned it earlier in the day because they both started right on cue and it wasn't just crying they were SCREAMING. Right after that Addy entered stage right just as all three of them rehearsed and decided she couldn't sit in her own chair she had to sit with one of us and at the same time for some reason needed to have her bubble machine on. Who needs bubbles during supper? Earlier in the day I had this beautiful picture of us sitting down eating a great summer meal, with the sun setting in the background, and the sound of little kids running down the streets playing but instead of that picture it turned into us feeding and holding two boys screaming their heads off, Kristi not only holding Owen but Addy as well, our meal turning cold and I can't forget to add that after dinner we find out that our neighbor invited 40 of the craziest people you ever met over and spent over $2,000 on LOUD, ANNOYING, FIRE STARTING fireworks that started at noon and went until wee hours in the morning....AWESOME ....JUST AWESOME!!

In the picture you can see Kristi not only holding Addy but feeding Owen as well. I'm feeding Easton and if you look closely you can see that some how some way I put my shirt on backwards.....Maybe that's where the 4th of July started off wrong.


3 comments:

Lori said...

That story kept getting better and better. My favorite part by far is that you put your shirt on backwards!!

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

Sounds like you don't like fireworks? hahaha
Great story, I too like the part about you putting your shirt on backwards....NICE!
That does sound typical though...lots of hard work and planning sidelined by children with their own agenda. It is their own little version of fireworks for mom and dad.

JPGamradt said...

Of course, that's how it always goes!