Thursday, March 26, 2009

Twins run in the family!!

I'm sure most of you know this but if you don't....twins run in the family. Kristi's dad, Jim is a twin. He had a twin sister named Carolyn. They were born on May 15, 1943 in Wenatchee, WA.

Kristi's mom brought over some picture albums this week so we could take a trip back in time. I absolutely LOVE this picture. We think Jim is the one on the right and Carolyn is the one on the left.



Jim and Carolyn were born to Genevieve & Claude Pair. Jim's dad was in the Navy and his mother was a stay at home wife. After the twins were born they picked up and moved to Pullman, WA so Genevieve could stay with Claude's parents while he was away in the service.

Here are Jim's Grandparents, James and Jenny holding their grandchildren back in October of 1943.


According to Karen (Kristi's mom) Genevieve was shorter then Kristi, it's almost hard to believe. When I heard that all I could think is, "HOW DID SHE DO IT?" It would be fun to just sit down and talk to her to see what it was like for her and what it was like back then compared to now days. Carolyn was 6lbs when she was born and Jim was 6lbs 1 oz.


This story does have a sad ending. Carolyn ended up getting pneumonia at the age of 10 months and passed away shortly after on March 2, 1944. Genevieve never really talked about Carolyn after she died. I couldn't even imagine how hard it must of been.

This picture was taken back in 1944.

Besides Jim and Carolyn being twins Kristi's great aunt was also a twin. Thelma still lives in Wenatchee and Elma passed away a few years ago. If your curious I have no set of twins on my side of the family so this was all Kristi.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

What a wonderful look into Kristi's family. What beautiful pictures and how devastating and sad it must have been to lose a child.

Thanks for sharing.