Let me set the scene. Here is the curious little girl that is trying to figure life out....

.....Here is the child that ended up being the test subject. As you can see he was happy to participate.
ACT 1....Kristi and I keep some diapers up in our room so we can change the twins during the night. A couple of nights ago Kristi was upstairs with the twins while Julianne and I were down stairs watching TV. While upstairs Kristi decided to change Owens diaper so she put him on the bed, took off the old diaper, wiped him off, then noticed we were out of diapers so she came to ask me if I would throw one up to her. During the time I was getting Kristi a diaper, Addy was in the room where she walked over to Owen and figured out she and Owen were not made the exact same. She must of realized that he has an attachment that resembles a fire hose and she doesn't. When Kristi walked back into the room. There was Addy FLICKING Owens little man hood tool like it was an annoying bug or a scab that was just hanging there. It was like she was trying to figure out how it was attached and was determined to detach it. Kristi trying to stop laughing explained that this was inappropriate and not nice.
Act 2... After putting the diaper on Kristi came out to tell Julianne and myself what just happen. We laughed and talked about it for a little while then Kristi turned around to go and get the kids to bring them downstairs but to Kristi's surprise Addy curiosity got the best of her and decided to take it upon herself to take Owen's diaper off and continued FLICKING at it again. This time she put a little muscle into it probably telling Owen, "Don't worry....I'll get it off you!" Too funny!!
Act 3.... We continue to try and explain to Addy that this is not a toy, a scab, a bug, or something that doesn't attach or detach. It's hard though because every time we explain this to her you can tell she is looking at it and thinking, "What is that!" I guess only time will tell how this will turn out but we are going to really have to try not to have the boys naked around Addy and watch her like a HAWK when it comes to bath time. It still makes me laugh though!!
2 comments:
This is way too funny! This weekend we were all talking about this and laughing. We thought Addison should be named Addison Bobbit.
Hi! I was laughing so hard when I read this! Reminds me of old times with my kids, when Matt was in Owens' place! Your kids are so adorable, a nice looking bunch! Love, Cindy {Matts' Mom}
Post a Comment