Monday, June 16, 2008

My 1st Fathers Day!!

My first fathers day was celebrated in the big state of Texas. Katie and Kristi got up early and made my friend, Jed and I waffles, with fresh strawberries, and whip cream for breakfast. As you can see Addyson approved of the dish and they were delicious.



As for my gift Kristi got me a 1 year subscription to Sports Illustrated, some Sour Patch kids, and a Magic 8 Ball.

I'm not sure if I should tell you this story but here it goes.

There is a little joke with the Magic 8 Ball. When I lived in Spokane I used to ask my Magic 8 Ball everything as a little joke. Except, one night I had a dream that I got caught in a bank robbery where I got shot, putting me in the hospital where I could hear the doctors saying. "He might not make it." It was one of those dreams that woke me up out of my sleep. When I woke up I grabbed my 8 ball and asked it, "If I was going to die." This was the first time I was really serious about asking it anything and it told me "Ask Again Later" Are you kidding me. My life was on the line and the Magic 8 Ball was asking me to "Ask Again Later" Not Funny!!

With everything aside I want to say "Thank You" to Kristi and Addyson for making fathers day a special day. As a bonus Addyson crawled forward 2 steps. How can any gift beat that!!

3 comments:

Brooke Buckingham said...

"magic 8 ball... is Ryan a SUPER GEEK?" OUTLOOK GOOD!!!!!

Katie and Bob said...

Brooke is so freaking hilarious! Hey, Happy Father's day Ryan!

Ryan and Kristi said...

Hey Brooke, I might be a Super Geek but I'm not the one who wears a wife-beater gnawing on a lamb shank. Although, if I owned a wife-beather and new how to cook lamb shanks I probably would be.