Saturday, April 18, 2009

Grandma Linda Visits The Twins.

Last week my mom flew into Seattle to visit the twins and to spend a couple of days with us. We absolutely love it when any family member from Minnesota gets the chance to come out and visit but this one was a little special. Having her here wasn't only great because she got to see Easton and Owen but it was also nice to have a couple extra hands around the house while we got our feet grounded those first couple of days.


Here is the gang. The twins still have to visit grandma, Cele and Great Grandma, Qualey but I'm thinking that will happen when we make the trek back to Minnesota in late May and early June for my brother Doug's wedding.

***QUICK FLASHBACK*** I remember this one time when I was a kid and my mom and I were packing boxes because we were getting ready to move. It must of been around 1 or 2 a.m. and my mom and I were just starving so we went to the Truck Stop and got some Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce.....man I love that stuff. I think right then and there if we had a chance to look in a crystal ball and see that I would be living in Seattle, have a daughter, and have two twins boys we both would of started laughing and broke out the Miller High Life to go with our Cauliflower and Cheese and I honestly think my mom would of let me polish off the whole case with her even though I must of just been 10 or 11 years old.

I think one of the highlights during my moms visit was that she was able to go with us for the postpartum exam. The exam was at the hospital where all three of the kids where born so I thought that was pretty neat. With my whole family living back in Minnesota they really don't get the opportunity to see this side of our life so I was grateful that she got to be there for that.

Thanks for coming mom and we will see you in June!!

2 comments:

Mom & Dad Miller said...

I had such a great time when I came to see our newest additions to the family. The twins are so sweet and Addy is adorable. It is so hard having your family so far from Minnesota but Thank you Northwest Airlines, you are only a little over 3 hours away!
I will never forget the cauliflower and cheese while we were packing, maybe I would have let us share 1 Miller Lite! Enjoy Addy, Owen and Easton, the time flies.
Love U so much!
Mom

JPGamradt said...

The only reason that would be able to share only 1 Miller Lite is, mom and I would have drank the other 11. That would put me at the age of...6, way to go mom! Can't wait till we can see everyone at Doug's wedding. Mom is right though...too damn far away.
Go Twins!
J-LO