What a journey it has been but it will now all come to an end on Wednesday, April 8th. Kristi will have her C-section on this day. We need to be at the hospital at 7 am with the surgery starting at 9. The doctor told us it should take around an hour.
During this process we have been through a lot. It's been a roller coster but we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are a couple of parts of the pregnancy that we picked out that we thought you might find interesting.
Coolest - The day we heard that we were having twins. I'll never forget the look of shock on Kristi's face and me thinking, "Is this really happening."
Hardest -
Kristi - Pretty much everything in a nutshell but the hardest thing was the Bells Palsy and not being able to move her face. Not being able to pick up Addy and being on bed rest since December comes in at a close 2nd.
Ryan - Headaches from looking in the financial book. With the pregnancy being in 2008 & 2009 we never got a break from the insurance and with all the specialist, ultra sounds, and the cerclage it's been like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. It's been hard but I'm proud to say that we are doing well even though we just went over the $6,000.00 mark (NOW WHO'S MAKING FUN OF THE FINANCIAL BOOK!!)
Funniest -
Ryan - I'll start by saying that a long time ago we got these wireless headphones so Kristi could watch TV while I slept due to the fact that I have to get up at 2:15 am for work - A couple of nights ago I woke up and Kristi was gone so I called out her name....no response. I called out her name a little louder...no response. I'm now getting a little concerned so I now YELL out her name....KRISTI!!!no response. I jump out of bed and run to our bathroom to find Kristi sitting on the toilet wearing the wireless headphones listening to the TV with toilet paper in one hand taking a pee.
Kristi - The first time we told people that we were having twins no one would believe us... Everyone knew we were pregnant but when we spilled the news that we were having twins....everyone responded by saying, "Your kidding right!"
Strangest -
Kristi - To actually see the twins hand or foot go across her belly
Ryan - To actually loose weight during this pregnancy. When Kristi was pregnant with Addy every time Kristi ate a meal or snack.. I would eat a meal or snacked to the point were I gained 20 - 25 lbs this time I changed my eating habits and started exercising and lost over 60!!
Greatest Moment - Hasn't happen yet!! I think the first time we hold them and see that they are healthy, and know that everything is ok that will be the GREATEST MOMENT!! At that point we will then know that the journey was worth every second of it and we can now start as a family of 5.....6 if you count the dog!!
MVP - My mother-in-law Karen. Words can't express how GREAT she has been. Karen has been coming to our house 5 to 7 days a week through this whole process. She has done everything from watching Addy to cleaning the house and doing it all with a smile. We can't give you much but we give you our love and gratitude.
BIG THANKS - Julianne & Jennifer (Kristi's sister) They both helped us out in every situation. No matter if it was a doctor appointment or something else they both were there and we could count on them!!
Lastly, We want to say THANKS to all of our other friends and family for all their encouraging words and prayers. You guys mean the world to us so THANKS & HUGS!
I will do my best on keeping you all informed. I'm not sure if the hospital has wi-fi or not but I will post pictures, news, and whatever else we come across during the rest of this wild adventure. (Or just look at Lori's blog...that girl will have pictures of the twins posted on her blog 2 minutes after they are born....she's just that fast!!)
LOVE,
Ryan, Kristi, Addy, Easton, & Owen.....Riley if you count the dog!!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay!!! It's so close!
Thanks for the blog shout-out. :) I will have pictures up Wed night for sure!
We are praying for all of you and sending you lots of hugs from ND. It is so close now... I love the recap of the best and worst moments. Now you can start looking forward to a lot more bests when you finally get to meet Owen and Easton! Addy is going to be such a great little helper. Keep us posted and we will be thinking of all of you.
Post a Comment