Friday, April 10, 2009

The twins are home!!

April 8th....What a day!! I'm sure all have heard the details but if you haven't here they are;

Easton James Gamradt born at 9:23 am weighing 6 lbs 0 oz and was 19 inches long.
Owen Robert Gamradt born at 9:24 am weighing 5 lbs 9 oz and was 18 inches long.

The C-section went great but it was nothing like what I thought it was going to be. I'm sure there were more doctors and physicians in the operating room because they were twins but there were way more in there then what I thought there would be. I also wasn't aware that Kristi was going to be shaking the whole time. They might of told me that it was going to happen but it was hard for me to see her like that. The whole thing looked organized but I never knew what was going on and how things were going because everyone was so busy so I just kept telling myself if no sirens go off and no more people start coming in looking frantic they must have it under control and they must of because everything turned out just fine.

Here is a picture of Kristi, Easton, Owen, and I shortly after they were born in the operating room.



At the hospital the boys shared a crib and it always seemed that they some how found each other. The crib was small but it seemed like the were always nose to nose, head to head, or head on shoulder like in this picture. Easton is the one on the left and Owen is the one on the right, even though Owen is younger and smaller it seems like Easton is the one who always makes his way over to Owen.


This was the first time they found each other and the funny thing about this picture is that Owen was actually sucking on Easton's nose...I guess his way of saying, "Hey mom and dad feed me!"

Here is a picture of just the boys!!

Easton telling Owen, " I have my eye on you!!"

When they were born we thought it might be hard to tell them apart...in fact we thought it might be so hard we brought blue nail polish to put on one of their toes so we would have a little back up but as you can tell by the pictures there is no problem what so ever!!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Those are great pictures!! Those boys are adorable!

I'm so glad you guys are all doing well. Hugs.

The Studers said...

Yay for being home! Everyone looks so great. I know I said it before, but they are absolutely adorable!!! Hope you are getting a little sleep! :)

The Alexander's said...

Congratulations! And they probably DIDN'T tell you about the shaking, because they didn't tell me about it and it freaked me out when I was shaking on the table the whole time...then the doc finally said "oh, that is normal"...would've been nice to know earlier! Ha ha. Anyway, congrats, they are simply adorable.

Tim said...

So cute...

Tim said...

So cute...

Tim said...

I said it twice... since there are two of them! haha

North Dakota Gamradt's said...

Oh - they are so adorable! Congratulations - we cannot wait to give them a big hug. Addy looks like she is really doing well considering all of the change in the house. The pictures are beautiful. Take Care!

Millers said...

Ryan...I have NOT checked the blog in 2 months. I cannot apologize enough for my tardy congratulations. Tonight, as I sift through your entries, I said to Bryan "I cannot believe I didn't realize they had the twins, and Bryan's response was, "Ya...a LONG time ago!" I said " Why didn't you congratulate them via the blog and he said "I don't know how"! This is a man that can build a house from the bottom up but can't figure out how to comment on a blog. Regardless, congrats! The boys are amazing miracles. I really enjoyed your "I never thought" list and will be much better at keeping up with your family of 5!