I searched and searched but could not find a picture of Grandma B but if I find one I will post it.
On Saturday my Grandma Pat lost her battle with cancer. She was a women filled with so much inner strength and was a person that would never give up. She won so many battles but when it comes to cancer it's VERY hard to win the war. I have so many special memories of her but I think one of my favorites is just sitting down and playing cards. We would play this game called GOLF. I'm not even sure if it's a well known game or not but on a nice day with a cool glass of kool-aid you couldn't beat it.
I'm also sad to report that my Grandma B past two weeks and a day before Grandma Pat. I can say that Grandma B fits the perfect Grandma mold. When you picture an image of a Grandmother in your mind that's Grandma B. Pleasant, kind, and everything else. I think the thing I will remember the most is the summer weekend or weekends that we would spend at the cabin in Millerville. Although it has probably been 15 years since I have been there I can still remember those days like they were yesterday.
Our heart goes out to my Step-Father Gene (Grandma Pat's son) and my Step-Mother Cele (Grandma B's daughter). We want you to know that we are thinking about you and are praying for the both of you during this difficult time.
Grandma Pat and Grandma B, we will MISS you!!
2 comments:
Those are some well chosen words RG...we have been thinking about the family back in Minnesota. I love and prayers are with them. You guys too, we love and miss you guys and cannot wait to see you in a couple of months.
Ryan and Kristi, I made a copy of your post and had it on the table at Grandma's funeral. Everyone was very touched. We also want to thank you so much for the DVD... pictures to music, everyone thought it was beautiful. Love U!
Mom
Post a Comment