Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thank You US Government

Day 8

Name: Ryan Gamradt
Age: 33
M/F: Male
Status: Married but in LOVE with Uncle Sam (for the time being)

Kristi and I just got our tax return back so we decided to do something that we have planned to do for a long time. No....we didn't go on vacation or buy something that would make a grown man cry although I did shed a tear when I saw the finished product. (KIDDING OF COURSE) We decided to buy brand new, state of the art, out of this wold gutters. No...they are not the Leaf Guard gutters, the government wasn't that nice to us but we did have them put on fascia board so our rafter tails wouldn't show. I know they are hard to see but here are our new water capturing devices we got put on the house...aka GUTTERS!



I guy that I worked with is really good friends with the owners of the company that we decided to go with. I love it when you can find a referral like that because it makes me have a little more faith that I won't be taken to the cleaners on the price and that they will do a good job.


The nice thing was when I met with the owner he was able to do the job the next day and I was able to put some down spouts in different locations. Kristi and I wanted to move one of the spouts located on the front of the house over a little bit and we wanted to change the flow of another one completely.

With the turt all the water would flow to the back and come down from the back side. I wanted to add a down spout in the front and have it flow forward because if you look at all the houses that are similar to ours after a period of time you can see the water line on the shingles from having it drain in the back so we now have it drain in the front hoping it will prevent that.



So if anyone is thinking about having there gutters done I have a guy for you, just tell him that Ryan sent ya!! He will probably say Ryan???Ryan Who??? Seriously though I thought they did a great job!
Kristi and I are also going to try and do a couple of other small house projects on Uncle Sam's bill but nothing big. I think our next one will be new wood blinds if we can afford it!! Stay Tuned for that entry if it happens.

No comments: